Inspired in Dr.Maumi ‘Speed+Avg.’ this app shows the current and average power in the same data field.
If configured in a full width field it can also display both average and maximum or normalized power plus power zones, percentage of FTP and total time in power zones (time in power zone is not available on Edge 130 devices).
Highly customizable. By default 3s power will be displayed as current power but it can be configured to display instant or 10s power instead.
You can use colors to highlight high/low power values compared against the average power +/- a configurable tolerance.
Up/down arrow indicators can also be enabled to quickly and visually indicate if current power is above or below the average power +/- a configurable tolerance.
If using a half-width field you can configure if you want the datafield to display the value for average, maximum or normalized power along the current value or even alternate both every 5 seconds. In this case average value will be displayed in blue, maximum in purple and normalized power in orange.
Lap support: when lap support option is enabled the average and maximum values will be reset on every lap and you will visualize the current lap values.
,  or : indicates current power averaging mode in seconds ( means no averaging is applied)
[A], [M], [N] or [T] (half-width fields only): indicates if the displayed value along the current one corresponds to the average, the maximum or the normalized power or if the values are alternating in colors every 5 seconds (avg = blue, max = purple, np=orange).
[L]: indicates that lap information is displayed instead of activity totals
All feedback is welcome and please don’t hesitate to report any problems or translation issues.
You can find all my apps here: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/developer/aa709361-9b93-48f0-b4df-ace7894a754b/apps
Disclaimer: the datafield does not calculate power on its own. A power meter compatible with your Garmin Edge device is required to measure power values. Minimum Connect IQ version required 2.4.0.
Note: normalized power needs at least 30 seconds of samples to be calculated so for the first 30 seconds of the activity normalized power will show a value of 0w.
Please note that all my applications are free as in free beer so you are not required to donate to use any of my apps.
Donations to support my work will naturally still be much appreciated:
- Version 7.40 (latest): Added support to alternate every 5 seconds the average, maximum or normalized power values using colors in half-width fields.
- Version 7.30: Added support to select between average, maximum and normalized power value display along the current one in half-width fields. Code improvements.
- Version 7.22: Code improvements.
- Version 7.21: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update. Code optimization.
- Version 7.20: Added support for Edge 530/830. Edge 130 layout update. Edge 1030 layout update. Added support for 30 seconds power average. Change default tolerance from 2 to 10 watts (it can be change in the datafield settings as always did).
- Version 7.10: Removed support for Edge Explore as it doesn’t support powermeters. Updated layouts for all Edge devices. Added support to configure display preferences (hide unit, indicators, arrow indicators).
- Version 7.03: Edge 1030 layout update.
- Version 7.02: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update.
- Version 7.01: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update.
- Version 7.00: Added support for Edge Explore. Updated layouts for all Edge devices. Changed location for indicators to not conflict with Varia light interface. Bug fixes.
- Version 6.10: Edge 1030 layout update. Code optimization. Bug fixes.
- Version 6.00: added support for features indicators. Added support for time in power zone display. Code optimization. Bug fixes.
- Version 5.50: Massive code and performance optimization.
- Version 5.42: Code optimization. Reduced memory footprint. Edge 520/520 Plus/820 update.
- Version 5.41: Bug fixes.
- Version 5.40: Bug fixes and code optimization.
- Version 5.32: Bug fixes.
- Version 5.31: Edge 1030 layout update. Removed arrow indicators customization options.
- Version 5.30: Added support for Edge 130.
- Version 5.20: Bug fix in values preservation when the device is suspended and the activity is resumed later.
- Version 5.12: Bug fixes in normalized power calculation.
- Version 5.11: Bug fixes in normalized power calculation.
- Version 5.10: Added support for normalized power display.
- Version 5.00: Code optimization. Reduced memory footprint.
- Version 4.40: Added support for Edge 520 Plus and Edge 1030 Bontrager.
- Version 4.20: Fixed a bug in lap average value calculation.
- Version 4.10: Added dutch language support. Edge 1030 layouts update.
- Version 4.00: Added lap support and current power zone display.
- Version 3.52: Edge 1030 layouts update.
- Version 3.51: Added support to display maximum heart rate value along with average (full width field only). Bug fixes and code optimization.
- Version 3.50: Added configuration option to calculate current power as instant, 3s or 10s (3s is the default). Edge 1030 layouts fix. Bug fixes.
- Version 3.10: Edge 1030 layouts fix. Bug fixes.
- Version 3.0: Added support to display maximum power value along with average (full width field only). Bug fixes and code optimization.