Inspired in Dr.Maumi ‘Speed+Avg.’ this app shows the current and average cadence in the same data field.
If configured in a full width field it can also display both average and maximum cadence at the same time.
Highly customizable. You can use colors to highlight high/low cadence values compared against the average cadence +/- a configurable tolerance.
Up/down arrow indicators can also be enabled to quickly and visually indicate if current cadence is above or below the average cadence +/- a configurable tolerance using different colors as well.
If using a half-width field you can configure if you want the datafield to display the value for average or maximum cadence along the current value or even alternate both every 5 seconds. In this case average value will be displayed in blue and maximum in purple.
Lap support: when lap support option is enabled the average and maximum values will be reset on every lap and you will visualize the current lap values.
[A], [M] or [T] (half-width fields only): indicates if the displayed value along the current one corresponds to the average, the maximum or if the values are alternating every 5 seconds in colors (avg = blue, max = purple).
[L]: indicates that lap information is displayed instead of activity totals
All feedback is welcome and please don’t hesitate to report any problems or translation issues.
You can find all my apps here: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/developer/aa709361-9b93-48f0-b4df-ace7894a754b/apps
Disclaimer: the datafield does not calculate cadence on its own. A cadence sensor compatible with your Garmin Edge device is required to measure cadence values. Minimum Connect IQ version required 2.4.0.
Please note that all my applications are free as in free beer so you are not required to donate to use any of my apps.
Donations to support my work will naturally still be much appreciated:
- Version 6.40 (latest): Added support to alternate every 5 seconds average and maximum values using colors in half-width fields.
- Version 6.30: Added support to select between average and maximum value display along the current one in half-width fields. Code improvements.
- Version 6.22: Code improvements.
- Version 6.21: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update. Code optimization.
- Version 6.20: Added support for Edge 530/830. Edge 130 layout update. Edge 1030 layout update.
- Version 6.10: Updated layouts for all Edge devices. Added support to configure display preferences (hide unit, indicators, arrow indicators).
- Version 6.03: Edge 1030 layout update.
- Version 6.02: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update.
- Version 6.01: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update.
- Version 6.00: Added support for Edge Explore. Updated layouts for all Edge devices. Changed location for indicators to not conflict with Varia light interface. Bug fixes.
- Version 5.10: Code optimization. Bug fixes.
- Version 5.00: Added support for features indicators. Code optimization. Bug fixes.
- Version 4.50: Massive code and performance optimization.
- Version 4.42: Code optimization. Reduced memory footprint.
- Version 4.41: Bug fixes.
- Version 4.40: Bug fixes and code optimization.
- Version 4.31: Bug fixes.
- Version 4.30: Added support for Edge 130. Bug fixes.
- Version 4.00: Code optimization. Reduced memory footprint.
- Version 3.80: Added support for Edge 520 Plus and Edge 1030 Bontrager.
- Version 3.70: Fixed a bug in lap average value calculation.
- Version 3.60: Added dutch language support. Edge 1030 layouts update.
- Version 3.50: Added lap support.
- Version 3.12: Edge 1030 layouts update.
- Version 3.11: Edge 520/820 layouts update.
- Version 3.10: Added support to display maximum cadence value along with average (full width field only). Bug fixes and code optimization.
- Version 2.3: Fixed a bug that prevented the average value to be displayed in Edge 1030 half-width fields.
- Version 2.2: small change in Edge 520/820 layout.
- Version 2.1: Added support to change app settings while the app is running.
- Version 2.01: small change in Edge 520 layout.
- Version 2.0: app rebranded as Cadence+ to avoid confusion with Dr.Maumi’s apps. Code cleanup and optimization. Layout fixes for Edge 1000 and 1030.
- Version 1.21: updated french translations.
- Version 1.2: added french, german and italian translations.
- Version 1.1: added spanish translations.
- Version 1.01: small layout change.
- Version 1.0: initial release.