Inspired in Dr.Maumi ‘Speed+Avg.’ this app shows the current and average heart rate in the same data field.
If configured in a full width field it can also display both average and maximum heart rate plus heart rate zones, percentage of fcmax and total time in HR zones (time in HR zone is not available on Edge 130 devices).
Highly customizable. You can use colors to highlight high/low heart rate values compared against the average heart rate +/- a configurable tolerance.
Up/down arrow indicators can also be enabled to quickly and visually indicate if current heart rate is above or below the average heart rate +/- a configurable tolerance.
Lap support: when lap support option is enabled the average and maximum values will be reset on every lap and you will visualize the current lap values.
[G]: indicates that heart rate zone thresholds information is retrieved from the device (requires permission to access user profile).
[S]: indicates that heart rate zone threshold calculation is done by the datafield based on a simple formula based on maximum HR.
[K]: indicates that heart rate zone threshold calculation is done by the datafield based on Karvonen’s formula instead of the simple one.
[L]: indicates that lap information is displayed instead of activity totals.
All feedback is welcome and please don’t hesitate to report any problems or translation issues.
You can find all my apps here: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/developer/aa709361-9b93-48f0-b4df-ace7894a754b/apps
Disclaimer: the datafield does not calculate heart rate on its own. A heart rate sensor compatible with your Garmin Edge device is required to measure heart rate values. Minimum Connect IQ version required 2.4.0.
Please note that all my applications are free as in free beer so you are not required to donate to use any of my apps.
Donations to support my work will naturally still be much appreciated:
- Version 7.10 (latest): Added support to use the device HR zones (requires permission to access the user profile) or let the datafield calculate them based on user parameters. Updated layouts for all Edge devices. Added support to configure display preferences (hide unit, indicators, arrow indicators).
- Version 7.03: Edge 1030 layout update.
- Version 7.02: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update.
- Version 7.01: Edge 520/520 Plus/820 layout update.
- Version 7.00: Added support for Edge Explore. Updated layouts for all Edge devices. Changed location for indicators to not conflict with Varia light interface. Bug fixes.
- Version 6.10: Edge 1030 layout update. Code optimization. Bug fixes.
- Version 6.00: Added support for features indicators. Code optimization. Bug fixes.
- Version 5.70: Massive code and performance optimization.
- Version 5.62: Code optimization. Reduced memory footprint.
- Version 5.61: Bug fixes.
- Version 5.60: Bug fixes and code optimization.
- Version 5.53: Bug fixes.
- Version 5.52: Edge 520/820 layout update.
- Version 5.50: Added “Time in HR zone” feature. Added support for Edge 130. Removed arrow indicators customization options. Bug fixes.
- Version 5.01: Bug fixes.
- Version 5.00: Code optimization. Reduced memory footprint.
- Version 4.80: Added support for Edge 520 Plus and Edge 1030 Bontrager.
- Version 4.70: Fixed a bug in lap average value calculation.
- Version 4.61: Edge 1030 layouts update.
- Version 4.60: Added dutch language support. Edge 1030 layouts update.
- Version 4.50: Added lap support.
- Version 4.02: Edge 1030 layouts update.
- Version 4.01: Edge 520/820 layouts update.
- Version 4.0: Added support for HR zones and FCMax percent. Bug fixes and code optimization.
- Version 3.11: Edge 520/820 layouts change.
- Version 3.10: Added support to display maximum heart rate value along with average (full width field only). Bug fixes and code optimization.